If you are using Super Socializer plugin for Social Login, follow the steps mentioned below to enable Google Login at your WordPress website.
Steps To Enable Google Login
- Navigate to Google API Console section and login to your Google account if required.
- If this is your first app, you will need to “Create a project” and also might need to accept Terms and Conditions. If you do not see this page, move to step 3.
- If you have created apps before, you will be able to see the list of projects. You can also create a new project by clicking “CREATE PROJECT” at the top.
Click on the project name for which you want to create app.
- Navigate to APIs and Services > Credentials section from the menu in top-left corner
- Navigate to OAuth consent screen section
- Fill the fields as described below:
Application name: Specify the name of your app (You can enter whatever name you like, but it’s recommended to enter your website or company name in this field)
Application Logo: Upload logo representing your website with which you are going to integrate social login
Support email: Select/Specify email
Scopes for Google APIs: There should be three scopes added already – Email, Profile and OpenID. If these are not there, add these.
Authorized domains: Specify your website domain. For example, if your website homepage url is www.mywebsite.com or mywebsite.com, you have to save mywebsite.com. After entering the domain name, click outside the textbox otherwise it won’t be saved. You can fill other optional fields.
Click Save button.
- Click OAuth client ID after clicking Create credentials button in Credentials section
- Fill the fields as described below
- Application type: Select Web application
- Name: Specify the name of your app (You can enter whatever name you like, but it’s recommended to enter your website or company name in this field)
- Authorized redirect URIs: Open your website homepage (at which you have installed the plugin) in browser, click the address bar so that website url gets highlighted, copy this url and paste it in this option. Please make sure that this url includes http:// or https:// (for example: http://mywebsite.com or http://www.mywebsite.com). After entering the url, click outside the textbox otherwise it won’t be saved.
- Click Create button
- Copy Client ID and Client Secret and paste these in the Google+ Client ID and Google+ Client Secret options of your plugin, respectively. Do not forget to Save Changes after configuring all the options on plugin settings page.
Note: You don’t need to submit the app for verification if you are following the exact steps mentioned above and using default scopes – Email, Profile and OpenID.