If you are using Super Socializer plugin for Social Login, follow the steps mentioned below to enable Facebook login at your WordPress website.
Steps To Enable Facebook Login
- Navigate to Facebook Developers section and login to your Facebook account, if you are not logged in already. This should not be your business account.
Click Create App button and navigate to step 4.
- Hover My Apps and then click “Add a New App” link.
- Specify the name of your app in Display Name option (You can enter whatever name you like, but it’s recommended to enter your website or company name in this field), specify your Contact Email and click Create App ID button
- Click Set Up in Facebook Login section
- Select Web
- Open your website homepage (at which you have installed the plugin) in browser, click the address bar so that website url gets highlighted, copy this url and paste it in Site URL option. Please make sure that this url includes http:// or https:// (for example: http://mywebsite.com or http://www.mywebsite.com), click Save button
- Navigate to Facebook Login > Settings section from the left sidebar
- Add two urls in Valid OAuth redirect URIs option:
1) The same url you used in step 7 above. Please make sure that this url includes http:// or https:// (for example: http://mywebsite.com or http://www.mywebsite.com)
2) /?SuperSocializerAuth=Facebook appended to the homepage url. For example, if http://mywebsite.com is the homepage url of your website, you need to add http://mywebsite.com/?SuperSocializerAuth=Facebook
Make sure that Client OAuth Login and Web OAuth Login options are set to Yes
Click Save Changes button
- Navigate to Settings > Basic page from left sidebar
- Specify your website domain (with and without www) in App Domains option. For example, if your website homepage url is www.mywebsite.com or mywebsite.com, you have to save mywebsite.com and www.mywebsite.com in this option.
Note: If your website url has directory/folder after domain (For example- http://www.mywebsite.com/dir), then save domains without directory/folder appended to it (www.mywebsite.com and mywebsite.com) in above option.
Select the category that your website belongs to, in the Category option. Optionally, you can upload App Icon. This will be shown to users when they authorize your app on first Facebook Login.
Click Save Changes button.
- Turn ON the Facebook app Status button
- If you see following message, click App Details else move to step 16
- Click “Add and Set Up” button
- Click Confirm in the Make App Public popup
- Copy App ID and App Secret and paste these in the Facebook App ID and Facebook App Secret options of your plugin. Do not forget to Save Changes after configuring all the options on plugin settings page