If you are using Super Socializer or Heateor Social Login plugin for Social Login, follow the steps mentioned below to enable Google Login at your WordPress website.
Steps To Enable Google Login
- Navigate to Google API Console section and login to your Google account if required.
- If this is your first app, you will need to “Create a project” and also might need to accept Terms and Conditions. If you do not see this page, move to step 3.
- If you have created apps before, you will be able to see the list of projects. You can also create a new project by clicking “CREATE PROJECT” at the top.
Click the name of the project for which you want to create the app.
- Navigate to APIs and Services > OAuth consent screen section from the menu in top-left corner
- If you see the following screen, select External in User Type and click Create button, else move to next step
- Fill the fields as described below. If you have already done this, move to next step
Application name: Specify the name of your app (You can enter whatever name you like, but it’s recommended to enter your website or company name in this field)
Application Logo: (Optional) Upload logo representing your website with which you are going to integrate social login.
Note: If you upload logo, you need to get your app verified by Google
Support email: Select/Specify email
Authorized domains: Specify your website domain. For example, if your website homepage url is www.mywebsite.com or mywebsite.com, you have to save mywebsite.com. After entering the domain name, click outside the textbox otherwise it won’t be saved. You can fill other optional fields.
Optionally, you can fill remaining fields.
Click Save button.
- Navigate to Credentials section, click OAuth client ID after clicking CREATE CREDENTIALS button
- Fill the fields as described below
- Application type: Select Web application
- Name: Specify the name of your app (You can enter whatever name you like, but it’s recommended to enter your website or company name in this field)
- Authorized redirect URIs: Open your website homepage (at which you have installed the plugin) in browser, click the address bar so that website url gets highlighted, copy this url and paste it in this option. Please make sure that this url includes http:// or https:// (for example: http://mywebsite.com or http://www.mywebsite.com). There shouldn’t be trailing slash in this url. After entering the url, hit Enter key otherwise it won’t be saved.
- Click Create button
- Copy Client ID and Client Secret and paste these in the Google Client ID and Google Client Secret options of your plugin, respectively. Do not forget to Save Changes after configuring all the options on plugin settings page.