If you are using Super Socializer plugin for Social Login, follow the steps mentioned below to enable Twitter Login at your WordPress website.
Steps To Enable Twitter Login
- Navigate to Twitter Developers section and login to your Twitter account if not already logged in.
- Apply for a developer account as per the recent changes introduced by Twitter if not already done
- Create a new app
- Fill the fields as described below
- App name: Specify the name of your app (You can enter whatever name you like, but it’s recommended to enter your website or company name in this field)
- Application Description: Enter short description of your company/website
- Website URL: Open your website homepage (at which you have installed the plugin) in browser, click the address bar so that website url gets highlighted, copy this url and paste it in this option. Please make sure that this url includes http:// or https:// and it has no trailing slash (for example: http://mywebsite.com or http://www.mywebsite.com)
- Callback URLs: Same url you saved in the Website URL option above
- Terms of Service URL: Url of terms of service of your website
- Organization name: Name of your business/organization associated to your website
- Tell us how this app will be used: You can save the following exact snippet in this option:
This app will fetch website visitors’ basic social profile data only by their consent and use that to create a user account at the website url mentioned above. The fetched profile data will be displayed at their user profile page of the website that they will be able to update as per their requirement.
- Developer Agreement: Check the checkbox – “Yes, I have read and agree to the Twitter Developer Agreement“
- Click Create Twitter application button
- Navigate to Permissions section and set permission to Read only. Click Save button.
Note: If you want the app to fetch email addresses of users, you can check “Request email addresses from users” checkbox.
- From Keys and Tokens section, paste API key in Twitter API Key and API Secret in Twitter API Secret options, respectively, in your plugin settings.
- Do not forget to Save Changes after configuring all the options on plugin settings page.