If you are using Super Socializer plugin for Social Login, follow the steps mentioned below to enable Facebook login at your WordPress website or to create Facebook App ID and Secret to track Facebook shares.
Steps To Enable Facebook Login
- Navigate to Facebook Developers section and login to your Facebook account, if you are not logged in already. This should not be your business account.
Click Create App button and navigate to step 4.
- Click My Apps and then click “Add New App” link
- Specify the name of your app in Display Name option (You can enter whatever name you like, but it’s recommended to enter your website or company name in this field), specify your Contact Email and click Create App ID button
- Select “Integrate Facebook Login” and click Confirm button
- Navigate to Settings > Basic section from the left sidebar
Note: If you are creating app to track Facebook share count, click Show button in front of App Secret in Settings > Basic section in the left sidebar. Copy App ID and App Secret and paste these in the Facebook App ID and Facebook App Secret options in the social share section in plugin settings. No need to follow the remaining steps.
- Specify your website domain (with and without www) in App Domains option. For example, if your website homepage url is www.mywebsite.com or mywebsite.com, you have to save mywebsite.com and www.mywebsite.com in this option.
Note: If your website url has directory/folder after domain (For example- http://www.mywebsite.com/dir), then save domains without directory/folder appended to it (www.mywebsite.com and mywebsite.com) in above option.
Select the category that your website belongs to, in the Category option. Optionally, you can upload App Icon. This will be shown to users when they authorize your app on first Facebook Login.
Scroll down a bit. Ignore the Business Verification and Individual Verification part
Scroll down some more. Optionally, specify what is the Business Use of your app and contact details of your Data Protection Officer (if applicable and optional).
Click Add Platform
Open your website homepage (at which you have installed the plugin) in browser, click the address bar so that website url gets highlighted, copy this url and paste it in Site URL option. Please make sure that this url includes http:// or https:// (for example: http://mywebsite.com or http://www.mywebsite.com)
Click Save Changes button
- Turn ON the Facebook app Status button
- Click Confirm in the Make App Public popup
- Click Show button in front of App Secret. Copy App ID and App Secret and paste these in the Facebook App ID and Facebook App Secret options of your plugin. Do not forget to Save Changes after configuring all the options on plugin settings page. You need to follow the remaining steps to get Facebook login working
- Navigate to Facebook Login > Settings section from the left sidebar
- Add two urls in Valid OAuth Redirect URIs option:
1) The exact homepage url you used in step 7 above in the Site URL option
2) /?SuperSocializerAuth=Facebook appended to the homepage url. For example, if http://mywebsite.com is the homepage url of your website, you need to add http://mywebsite.com/?SuperSocializerAuth=Facebook
Make sure that Client OAuth Login and Web OAuth Login options are set to Yes
Leave other options as is.
Click Save Changes button