If you are using Facebook Comments Moderation plugin or Fancy Comments Pro plugin for Facebook Comments Moderation, follow the steps mentioned below to create Facebook App ID and Secret to save in the moderation settings.
Steps To Configure Facebook Comments Moderation
- Navigate to Facebook Developers section and login to your Facebook account, if you are not logged in already. This should not be your business account.
If you are here first time, you will see the screen shown in the screenshot below. If you have created apps before, move to step 3.
- Select the role that describes you betterClick Create App button and navigate to step 4.
- Click My Apps and then click “Create App” link
- Select Build Connected Experiences and click Continue
- Specify the name of your app in App Display Name option (You can enter whatever name you like, but it’s recommended to enter your website or company name in this field), specify your App Contact Email, select a business manager account if you have one and click Create App ID button
- Click Set Up in “Facebook Login” section
- Select Web
- Open your website homepage (at which you have installed the plugin) in browser, click the address bar so that website url gets highlighted, copy this url and paste it in Site URL option. Please make sure that this url includes http:// or https:// (for example: http://mywebsite.com or http://www.mywebsite.com)
Click Save button
- Navigate to Settings > Basic section from the left sidebar
Click Show button in front of App Secret in Settings > Basic section in the left sidebar. Copy App ID and App Secret and paste these in the Facebook App ID and Facebook App Secret options in the Moderation section in plugin settings.
- Click In development button
- Click Switch Mode in the Switch to Live Mode popup