If you are using Super Socializer, Heateor Login or Heateor Social Login plugin for Social Login, follow the steps mentioned below to enable Facebook login at your WordPress website or to create Facebook App ID and Secret to track Facebook shares.
Steps To Enable Facebook Login
- Navigate to Facebook Developers section and login to your Facebook account, if you are not logged in already. This should not be your business account.
If you are here first time, you will see the screen shown in the screenshot below. If you have created apps before, move to step 3.
- Select the role that describes you betterClick Create App button and navigate to step 4.
- Click My Apps and then click Create App button
- Select Consumer and click Next
- Specify the name of your app in the Display Name option (You can enter whatever name you like, but it’s recommended to enter your website or company name in this field), specify your App Contact Email. This should be a valid email. You wouldn’t want to miss any important notifications related to your app. Leave Business Account option as is and click Create App button
- Click Set Up in the Facebook Login section
- Select Web
- Open your website homepage (at which you have installed the plugin) in browser, click the address bar so that website url gets highlighted, copy this url and paste it in Site URL option. Please make sure that this url includes http:// or https:// (for example: http://mywebsite.com or http://www.mywebsite.com)
Click Save button
- Navigate to the Settings > Basic section from the left sidebar
- Specify your website domain in the App Domains option. For example, if your website’s homepage URL is www.mywebsite.com or mywebsite.com, you have to save mywebsite.com and www.mywebsite.com in this option. Note that you have to save two domains here.
Note: If your website url has directory/folder after domain (For example- http://www.mywebsite.com/dir), then save domain without directory/folder appended to it (mywebsite.com and www.mywebsite.com) in the above mentioned option.
Select the category that your website belongs to, in the Category option. Optionally, you can upload App Icon. This will be shown to the users when they authorize your app on their first Facebook Login.
Scroll down a bit. Ignore the Business Verification and Individual Verification part
Scroll down some more. Optionally, specify what is the Business Use of your app and contact details of your Data Protection Officer (if applicable and optional).
Click Save Changes button
- Switch App Mode to Live
- Click Show button in front of App Secret. Copy App ID and App Secret and paste these in the Facebook App ID and Facebook App Secret options of your plugin. Do not forget to Save Changes after configuring all the options on plugin settings page. You need to follow the remaining steps to get Facebook login working
- Navigate to Facebook Login > Settings section from the left sidebar
- Add following url in the Valid OAuth Redirect URIs option:
If using Super Socializer plugin
Append /?SuperSocializerAuth=Facebook to the homepage url. For example, if http://mywebsite.com is the homepage url of your website, you need to save http://mywebsite.com/?SuperSocializerAuth=Facebook in this option
If using Heateor Login plugin
to the homepage url. For example, if http://mywebsite.com is the homepage url of your website, you need to save http://mywebsite.com/?HeateorFblAuth=Facebook in this option
If using Heateor Social Login plugin
to the homepage url. For example, if http://mywebsite.com is the homepage url of your website, you need to save http://mywebsite.com/?HeateorSlAuth=Facebook in this option
- Make sure that Client OAuth Login and Web OAuth Login options are set to Yes
Leave other options as is.
Click Save Changes button
- Navigate to the App Review > Permissions and Features from the left sidebar and click Not Now button if you see the popup shown in the screenshot
- Navigate to App Review > Permissions and Features from the left sidebar and get advanced access for public_profile and email permissions
- Check the checkbox and click the Confirm button in the popup that appears after clicking the Get Advanced Access button
- Click Verification required in front of the Email or public_profile permission
- Scroll down and click Start verification button in the Verifications section
- Verify your business for the Facebook login to work for your website visitors.