Below are the steps to configure Heateor Social Login plugin.
Heateor Social Login Configuration
- Navigate to Heateor Social Login section from the left sidebar in admin area after installing and activating the plugin
- Select the social networks you want to enable for social login in the Basic Configuration section and save corresponding App ID and Secret in the same section. For example, if you want to integrate Facebook login, select the Facebook checkbox in the “Select Social Networks” option and save Facebook App ID and Facebook App Secret. You can click the (?) icon in front of Facebook App ID option to get an idea how to get it. Same applies to other social networks.
- Social Login buttons get integrated at login form, register form and comment form of your website. You can customize the placement of icons using the options given in the Advanced Configuration section.
- You can enable GDPR opt-in for social login from GDPR section. It enables an opt-in above and/or below the social login icons that needs to be checked before a website visitor gives his consent to the social app to access his social profile data.
If you are using Super Socializer plugin or Heateor Social Login plugin for Social Login, follow the steps mentioned below to generate Stack Overflow Client ID and enable Stack Overflow Login at your WordPress website.
Steps To Generate Stack Overflow Client ID
- Navigate to Stack Apps and login to your account.
- Fill the details as mentioned below
Application Name: Name of the application. Ideally, it should be the name of your website/business where you are going to integrate Stack Overflow login
Description: Description of your website/business
OAuth Domain: Domain of your website. For example, if your website is https://website.com, save website.com in it
Application Website: URL of the website where you are going to integrate Stack Overflow login
Application Icon (optional): Optionally, you can upload the icon representing your website.
Enable Client Side Oauth Flow: Keep this unchecked
These details will be shown to the users when they will use Stack Overflow login at your website.
- Click Register your application button
- You can copy Client Id, Client Secret and Key and paste these in the corresponding options at the social login configuration page.
If you are using Heateor Social Login plugin for Social Login, follow the steps mentioned below to enable social login in the content of individual page/post.
Heateor Social Login Shortcode
[Heateor_Social_Login] Shortcode in the content of required page/post where you want to display Social Login interface.
You can use “style” attribute in the Shortcode to style the rendered Social Login interface.
You can use “title” attribute in the Shortcode to specify title above Social Login interface. This will be displayed if user is not logged in.
[Heateor_Social_Login title="Login with your Social Account"]
You can use “show_username” attribute in the shortcode to show username, avatar and logout link to logged in users.
You can use “redirect_url” attribute in the shortcode to specify a custom redirection url to redirect users to after social login.
You can use shortcode in PHP file as following
<?php echo do_shortcode('SHORTCODE') ?>
Replace SHORTCODE in above code with the required shortcode like [Heateor_Social_Login style=”background-color:#000;”], so the final code looks like following
<?php echo do_shortcode('[Heateor_Social_Login style="background-color:#000;"]') ?>
You can navigate to the Appearance > Widgets section from the left sidebar and enable Heateor Social Login widget in the required area