If you are using Super Socializer or Heateor Social Login plugin for Social Login, follow the steps mentioned below to enable Instagram Login at your WordPress website.
Steps To Integrate Instagram Login
- Navigate to https://developers.facebook.com/products/instagram/, login to your Facebook account if you are not already logged in. Click My Apps in the top-right corner.
- Add a new app
- Select Consumer and click Continue
- Specify a display name for your app, select a Business Manager Account. Select a Business Manager Account if you have one. Click Create App ID button.
- Click Set Up in the Instagram Basic Display block.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Create New App
- Specify display name of your Instagram app and click Create App button
- Navigate to the Basic Display section in the Instagram Basic Display section from the left sidebar
- Enter HOME_PAGE_URL/SuperSocializerAuth/Instagram (if using Super Socializer) OR HOME_PAGE_URL/HeateorSlAuth/Instagram (if using Heateor Social Login) in the Valid OAuth Redirect URIs option. Here HOME_PAGE_URL is the url of the homepage of your website.
- Enter URL of homepage of your website in the Deauthorize Callback URL option.
Click Save Changes
Select the Category that your website belongs to.
- Scroll at the bottom of the page, and click Add Platform
- Select Website
- Save url of homepage of your website in the Site URL option. Save changes.
- Click In Development button, Switch Mode and make Instagram app Live.
- Navigate to Roles > Roles and scroll down to the Instagram Testers section.
- Click Add Instagram Testers and enter your Instagram account’s username and send the invitation
- Login to the Instagram account you invited in the previous step in a new browser tab, click settings icon, click Apps and websites. In the Tester Invites section, accept the invite you sent in previous step. You will be able to use Instagram login using only this account until you get the permissions approved for your Instagram app (see step 19 below).
- Navigate back to the browser tab where you were configuring Instagram app.
- Navigate to Basic Display page in the Instagram Basic Display section from the left sidebar. Scroll to App Review for Instagram Basic Display section at the bottom of the page and click Add to submission right in front of instagram_graph_user_profile. Provide the details required for submission.
Note: As Instagram does not allow login/authentication to be used with any of their scopes according to their developer docs, you can describe how Super Socializer uses Instagram icon in Social Account Linking section at the user profile page to link their Instagram account to their existing account at your WordPress website. Just keep social login icons disabled at the login, register pages of your website before Instagram approves your submission.
- On the same page, copy the Instagram App ID and Instagram App Secret (after clicking the Show button right in front of it) and paste in the Instagram App ID and Instagram App Secret options in the Super Socializer > Social Login section in admin area, respectively.