If you are using Super Socializer plugin for Social Login, follow the steps mentioned below to enable LinkedIn Login at your WordPress website.
Steps To Enable LinkedIn Login
- Navigate to LinkedIn Developers section and login to your LinkedIn account
- Click Create Application. Login again, if required
- Fill the fields as described below
- Company Name: Specify your company name
- Name: Specify the name of your app (You can enter whatever name you like, but it’s recommended to enter your website or company name in this field)
- Description: Enter short description of your company/website
- Application Logo: Logo of your company/website
- Application Use: Select Other
- Website URL: Open your website homepage (at which you have installed the plugin) in browser, click the address bar so that website url gets highlighted, copy this url and paste it in this option. Please make sure that this url includes http:// or https:// (for example: http://mywebsite.com or http://www.mywebsite.com)
- Business Email: Specify email address
- Business Phone: Specify your contact number
- I have read and agree……: Check the checkbox
- Click Submit button
- Make sure r_basicprofile and r_emailaddress are selected in Default Application Permissions section. Leave other options as is. Copy Client ID, paste it in LinkedIn API Key option of Super Socializer plugin and save changes (It is necessary to follow the remaining steps below to get LinkedIn social login working). Click Update button on LinkedIn app page as shown in the screenshot below.
- Navigate to Settings section from left sidebar. Set Application Status to Live and click Update button.
Note: If your website url has directory/folder after domain (For example- http://www.mywebsite.com/dir), then save url without directory/folder appended to it (http://www.mywebsite.com) in above option.
- After page refresh, you should see the domain (you just saved) below the option. Click Update button