If you are using Super Socializer plugin or Heateor Social Login plugin for Social Login, follow the steps mentioned below to generate Twitter API Key and enable Twitter Login at your WordPress website.
Steps To Generate Twitter API Key
- Navigate to Twitter Developers section and login to your Twitter account if not already logged in.
- Apply for a developer account as per the recent changes introduced by Twitter if not already done. If you already have a Twitter developer account, move to step 3.
You can save the following exact snippet to describe how you would use the Twitter app you are about to create:
This app will fetch website visitors’ basic social profile data only by their consent and use that to create a user account at the website url mentioned above. The fetched profile data will be displayed at their user profile page of the website that they will be able to update as per their requirement.
- Create a new project if you have not already and create an app
- If you already have created a project, add a new app
- Name the app (it should be name of your website or business where you are implementing the Twitter login) and click Complete button.
- Copy-paste Twitter API Key and Twitter API Secret Keys in the corresponding fields in the social login configuration. You still need to follow the remaining steps given below
- Click App settings button
- Click the Edit button in front of the App Details heading and you can upload an App Icon. It should represent your website where you are implementing Twitter login. This is optional. It is displayed when someone uses Twitter login at your website.
- Click the Edit button in front of Authentication Settings section
- Turn ON Enable 3-legged Oauth and Request email addresses from users options.
- Save the full URL of the Homepage of your website in the Callback URLs and Website URL options without trailing slash.