If you are using Super Socializer plugin or Heateor Social Login plugin for Social Login, follow the steps mentioned below to generate Twitter API Key and enable Twitter Login at your WordPress website.
Steps To Generate Twitter API Key
- Navigate to Twitter Developers section and login to your Twitter account if not already logged in.
- Apply for a developer account as per the recent changes introduced by Twitter if not already done. If you already have a Twitter developer account, move to step 3.
You can save the following exact snippet to describe how you would use the Twitter app you are about to create:
This app will fetch website visitors’ basic social profile data only by their consent and use that to create a user account at the website URL mentioned above. The fetched profile data will be displayed at their user profile page of the website that they will be able to update as per their requirement.
- Click Create Project button. If you already have a project, click Add app and skip to step 7.
- Name your project. Click Next
- Select Building tools for Businesses in the Use Case. Click Next.
- Describe your Project. You can specify something like – Fetch website visitors’ basic profile data only by their consent and use the same to create a user account at the website.
- Choose Development as the App Environment
- Specify the name of app (it should be name of your website or business where you are implementing the Twitter login) and click Next
- Copy-paste API Key and API Key Secret in the Twitter API Key and Twitter API Secret fields, respectively, in the social login configuration. Click App settings. You still need to follow the remaining steps given below
- Click Edit
- You can change/upload an icon to show the website visitors when they use Twitter login at your website. Select Production in the Environment option. Save changes.
- Scroll down the page and click Set up button in the User authentication settings section
- Turn ON the OAuth 1.0a feature
- Turn ON Request email from users option
- Select Read in the App permissions section.
Save the full URL of the Homepage of your website in the Callback URI and Website URL options without trailing slash.